Blog

These dresses were all made from the Nori dress pattern by Ellidactyl.  The first one I made, out of the purple Dragonfly Grace fabric, I hemmed the sleeves and bottom, but the remainder of them I finished the sleeve and bottom with a rolled hem lettuce edge, I think that looks so much better.

 

I have never really sewn with knit fabric much, but in the winter of 2015 I ran across a really cute outfit on Etsy and wanted to find out where the fabric came from.  Unfortunately for my wallet, I was then introduced to the custom knit fabric groups on Facebook.  I was hooked.  I am just going to post quite a few pictures here of items I have made from the custom knit fabrics.

 

 

I have started creating Machine Embroidery Fonts as well as other machine embroidery patterns and selling them here as well as in my Etsy store.  Please take some time and have a look to see if any interest you.  I also am working on Machine Picture Smocking which will be added soon.

I received some mug rugs in an exchange from the Just Sew group on Facebook. Mine was made with beautiful floral fabric, so I was able to find the fabric and I got some to make Olivia another Petite Boutique Dress. The fabric is Tim Holtz Eclectic Elements Bouquet Multi.  It is so pretty.

I just happened to have some Batik fabric that matched to make the bodice.

Petite Boutique Bodice
Petite Boutique Bodice
Overall Dress
Overall Dress
Olivia in the Dress
Olivia in the Dress

George’s first birthday had a Curious George theme, so I found some knit Curious George fabric and made him some pants from the Zane Joggers pattern from Ellidactyl

Curious George birthday pants
Curious George birthday pants

I also embroidered a yellow Tee shirt with the Curious George logo.

My granddaughter, Hope, was attending a local ComicCon in her area and wanted a costume to match a character in an anime program she watched.  I was sent these pics to go by.

 

Anime Costume
Anime Costume
Anime Costume
Anime Costume

Took me a while to get it, I digitized the pattern on the front of the dress and embroidered that. Here is the final dress

Hope's Costume
Hope’s Costume

Hope and I were both happy with the results.

Teddy now has a little brother, George, so he needed a christening gown as well.

It took me a long time to finally decide on an idea for the dress, but I am very pleased with it.

20151005_142820
Center Front Embroidery

The center front embroidery was digitized from a vintage heavily embroidered handkerchief, and I added the Trinity Cross embroidery in the center.

Lace Fancy Band
Lace Fancy Band

Bottom lace fancy band consisted of many rows of lace and insertion with silk ribbon.

Bodice
Bodice

Center front of Bodice was designed to match the lace fancy band.

20151005_143148
Embroidery on the Slip

A matching slip was made with the above embroidery.

Garment Bag
Garment Bag

A garment bag was made and embroidered to go with the gown and slip

Garment Bag Embroidery
Garment Bag Embroidery

Asher was my model for the Lace T-cap Bonnet

Lace Bonnet
Lace Bonnet
Lace Bonnet
Lace Bonnet

And here is the overall gown picture

Completed Gown
Completed Gown

I was brainstorming with my daughter in law, Amanda, to figure out what to make for her new daughter, Olivia, for Christmas. I suddenly remembered a Christmas Wreath I had made in the past out of shiny Christmas Balls in pastel colors. It was very pretty.

Wreath made from pinks and other pastels

Amanda couldn’t picture in her head pastel colors for Christmas, so I did a quick Google image search for pastel Christmas decorations, and I found this photo.

Pastel Tree Ornament

 

Amanda showed the photo to Olivia and said she “cooed” over it, so that became the inspiration for this dress.  It took a bit of searching to find embroidery patterns for Christmas in pastel shades.  The ones I found are very cute, and fit the dress perfectly.

Pastel Christmas Dress Embroidery

 

I also wanted to do something different with the skirt, so instead of a regular skirt on a yoke dress, I made a 2 layer skirt with pointed handkerchief hem.   The top layer is pastel green and the bottom layer is pastel pink.  They are positioned opposite each other so you can see the corners or points in the skirt.  The embroidery on the skirt is just on the points.

 

Embroidery on skirt
Embroidery on skirt

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I am very pleased with the results.  It is a very cute and different dress.

Pastel Christmas Dress

I had made a blue handkerchief linen suit with bunny applique for Teddy when he was a baby, and I really liked that pattern a lot, so I decided to make the same suit for my granddaughter, Olivia, and my great-niece, Kinlee. These were all made from the Hooded Baby Coat and Pants pattern by Kari Mecca.

 

Olivia's Pink Linen Suit
Olivia’s Pink Linen Suit

Olivia’s suit was embroidered with Heirloom Roses and Lily of the Valley embroidery from Sonia Showalter Designs.

Olivia's Suit
Olivia’s Suit
Kinlee's Suit
Kinlee’s Suit

Kinlee’s suit was embroidered with Lambs, Bunnies and a Duckling.

Kinlee's Suit
Kinlee’s Suit
Kinlee's Suit
Kinlee’s Suit

The cute duckling was embroidered on the toe of the outfit.

Kinlee's Outfit
Kinlee’s Outfit

1 2 3 5